Friday, July 28

26 things i thank the Lord for (this year) continued

11. Filipino Heroes. It always touches my heart in a very unique way whenever I learn of Filipinos who are doing excellently in their fields, bringing honor to our country. They somehow give me hope, and encourage me to continue loving my country.

12. Disappointments and pains. I found a way to see things, no matter how painful or hurtful they are, in a way that will strengthen me. These helped me to trust the Lord more and be comforted in the truth that He knows full well what He is doing and allowing to happen.

13. Laughter. There are times when things get stressful and demanding, and when I laugh, things get a bit lighter.

14. Opportunities. The Lord opens doors for me to see more of what He can do through me. There is also this thing that I can't tell you yet. Soon... :)

15. Love. There are times when I ask the Lord why up to now, I'm still single. Is it because I'm scary? [ang mag-agree dito uumbagin ko! Hehe] There are lots of things that I'm still afraid of, and most of the time He reminds me that He loves me and cares for me, He is more than enough. At kung meron mang para sa akin o wala, He will never stop loving me. :)

16. Grace. I'm reading Philip Yancey's What's So Amazing About Grace? [I never got the chance to finish it in college, so I'm trying my best to finish it this time.] Through this book, I made resolutions to be a bit more gracious. I won't tell you details so you won't expect too much from me. Hehe :)

17. New discoveries. I learned a few things that I can be good at, and I thank the Lord for these new discoveries. I may not be the best person in the eyes of many people, but I'm praying that some of the things I do (yeah, not all, though that should be the goal) bring a smile to His face.

18. Technology. I am not techie, nor a gadget addict. But I thank the Lord for the developments in our technology: making communication a lot easier, work more efficient, life more convenient though sometimes bit more complicated... Nevertheless, I appreciate the things that I understand and the things that I will soon learn about. There is no end to learning!

19. Hopes and Dreams. I have collected lots of dreams and wishes since I was a kid, and yes, not all of them were for me, but I thank the Lord for allowing me to dream, and for giving me hope that the best is yet to come. :)

20. Appreciation/Acceptance. I learned from experience that we can learn to appreciate and accept things or people when we decide to do so. Sometimes we fail to see the "beauty" or the good in them because we have decided even before knowing them that we don't like them. [Does this make sense?]

No comments: