Monday, March 19

In Heaven's Eyes

sung by Sandi Patti and written by Phill McHugh.


A fervent prayer rose up to heaven,
A fragile soul was losing ground
Sorting through the earthly babble,
Heaven heard the sound.

It was a life of no distinction,
No successes, only tries.
Yet gazing down on this unlovely one,
There was love in Heaven's Eyes.

The orphaned child, the wayward father,
The homeless traveler in the rain
When life goes by and no one bothers,
Heaven feels the pain.

Looking down, God sees each heartache,
Knows each sorrow, hears each cry,
And looking up, we'll see compassion's fire
Ablaze in Heaven's Eyes.


Refrain:

In Heaven's Eyes, there are no losers,
In Heaven's Eyes, no hopeless cause.
Only people like you, with feelings like me
And we're amazed by the grace we can find
In Heaven's Eyes.


This is my "comfort song" for the month. And if you know me, there's a reason why... So I thank the Lord everyday for the way He speaks to my heart, with music.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful song, beautiful. Teary-eyed while singing it, here alone in my room. Hay. I know God will continue to comfort you and hold your hand every day.

gludsie said...

Onga eh, buti na lang we have a gracious God. :D and HE will do the necessary to remind us how HE sees each of us--valuable, beautiful and most of all, Loved. :D

Grace D. Chong said...

Thanks for sharing the lyrics of this wonderful song. And thanks, too, for dropping by my site. Keep singing! Looking forward to hearing you sing live on stage again.

gludsie said...

wow! thanks for visiting, ate grace! :D i always enjoy reading your posts. especially "name dropping". I can still remember my first ever starstruck experience... I'm an Alvin Patrimonio fan! :D (mula pa nung 6 years old)