Friday, March 23

AFRAID

Afraid that what they think is right
Afraid that it is true
Afraid that I might feel the same
Afraid and doubtful, too.

Afraid to finally take the risk
Afraid I might be wrong
Afraid that it's not what it seems
Afraid of losing all.

Afraid of all uncertainties
Afraid of giving up;
Afraid that maybe you're the one
Afraid I've led you out.

Afraid of possibilities
And what the future brings
But fearful me wanted to be
A bird, and fly with wings

What should I do? I ask myself
I am much too afraid
And I have seen that I have been
Of many things, afraid.

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
So I'll decide, once and for all
That I will do my best
To rise up from that breaking fall
And trust God for the rest.
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~

11 comments:

bijoi said...

sabi ko na magkape tayo e. ;)

Unknown said...

Hmmm... is this about what I think it is? :)

Sabi nga ni Frank Herbert sa Dune, "Fear is the mind-killer."

Anonymous said...

as i've said earlier, this is very....poetic! hehe.. nice verses, glads! i won't even attempt to budge you to disclose what (who?;))this poem is all about. but ya know, i'm ready to listen when you're ready to spill it out :D

Anonymous said...

nice post :) makabagbag-damdamin... ang turo nga sa atin sa unibersidad ng pilipinas...

DON'T BE TAKOT! ;)

(easier said than done, i know - but it's still true :)

gludsie said...

one step at a time, my friends. ;)

bijoi: basta treat mo! haha :D

kuya don: what do you think? haha :D

badap: i know you're always ready to listen. thanks. ;) pero yun nga, there's a time for everything. ;)

sillyserious: YEAH, I KNOW! As in! :p

turkangel79 said...

sino 'to? :P something you're not telling ha? :P

Anonymous said...

Ganda naman ng tula...hmmm, senti pero hindi naman umuulan masyado... :) hinga ka lang, glads.

Anonymous said...

ay tula pala to..nyarks..

be brave little one..make a wish..lalala.mwehehe

gludsie said...

ate liz: ako! bwahaha! :D

paparooh: umuulan, pramis. inside. charing! :p yup, humihinga naman ako ng malalim, pramis. ey, by da way, tenks for always being nice. :D bow ako sayo. :D

jumong: umbagin kita jan eh! "tsumong" ka nga jan eh! oist, balik wentworth na ko nyan soon, pero utang na loob, yoko na magcomment si "wentworth" sa blog ko! kapal nito! hahahaha :)

Pinay von Alemanya said...

chanced on this Taglish blogs while looking for some illustrations for my blogs, too. interesting words...

regards
bituingmarikit
http://pinayskaleidoscope.blogspot.com

gludsie said...

Hello, BITUINGMARIKIT! thanks for dropping by. :) [it feels quite weird for me... this blog used to be called "bituing marikit":)] visited your blog, too. :) go pinays! :D