Wednesday, July 27

a note from Kuya Caloy

The weekend before my birthday [the 19th], I went home to Pampanga and spent time with my family. I went over some old pictures and found a card from KC (Kuya Caloy), dated October 27, 2001, after the last UP-DCF Missions Exposure I was able to join, held in a barangay named Bagong Buhay, in Mindoro. I want to share it with you... I don't think KC will mind. :) Here it goes...
 
Dearest Gladys,
 
   It was nice to have a week of fellowship with you. It's good to know that you'll be working for a few months in UP. At least makikita ka pa rin namin.
 
   Your shedding tears for the people you met who are blinded by the god of this world touched my heart. How I wish that all christians will share the same kind of compassion for those who are lost. It's my prayer that you'll continue to have that kind of attitude towards those who still don't know Christ,
 
   It was nice working with you in the mission field.
 
With love in Christ,
Kuya Caloy
 
P.S. Pag may gusto ka ng sagutin na lumiligaw sayo, pa-interview mo muna sa akin para makilatisan ko.
 
Naiyak ako. I cried not because i'm afraid na walang papasa sa pangingilatis ni Kuya Caloy, but because I miss that aspect of the me that was. It has been DORMANT for quite some time already...='(...  I seem to have forgotten the URGENCY of The MESSAGE the people need to hear. I have neglected my First Love. And it's really, really sad.

No comments: