Friday, February 25

Thankful

Holiday daw ngayon so I planned to make the most out of it: matulog hanggang gusto kahit kalahating araw! But I woke up earlier than I want to dahil sa "istorbong" tunog ng cellphone (I should have listened to Ate Liezl's suggestion: i-silent mode ang phone). Text message from my dad... miss na cguro nya ko. ahihi...

Thankful, thankful, thankful. That's what I am right now. Thankful of the distance between me and my parents. Not because I can do what I want without them knowing, but because of this distance, I learned to appreciate them more. I realized how much they mean to me, and how much I miss them. Because of the distance, I think about them, and pray for them more often. In Sandara's voice with the wave: MAHAL KO KAYO.

Recently, my younger bro, Arvin, moved in to our apartment here in QC. And yep, I was initially reluctant to have him(may magmomonitor na sakin eh!), coz I had no choice. Wala shang matitirhan pa... After a few days, I found myself, again, thankful. Thankful because I realized that the Lord is teaching me to be responsible. I suddenly want to be a big sister! I want to be a good example, I want to "teach" him, even little things. And yes, I'm thankful for the opportunity to bond with him because since college, di ko sha laging nakakasama... Sinamahan ko shang magbyahe papuntang office nya sa first day ng work nya sa Ortigas. Ang sarap pala ng feeling na ma-practice ulit ang pagiging ate! :) But I was surprised, parang naging younger sister ako nung minsang umuwi ako ng bahay after work. Hinihintay pala nya ko para sabay mag-dinner! At abah! Masarap pala shang magluto! (mana sa akin. ahihi)

There are lots of things that I'm thankful for right now... Pero yun muna share ko. =)

Pahabol: Thankful din pala ko sa mga naka-bonding ko kanina kahit biglaan. Salamat din sa nanlibre ng movie and dinner. Hehe :) Sa uulitin! Maraming salamat sa inyo, na-enjoy ko ang holiday. :)

1 comment:

Beng said...

When we mature, we appreciate relationships more--especially family relationships. :-) I'm "thankful" to read how your brother's proximity is affecting you. Character-shaping yan! (I live in the same house with my brother again too. And I'm learning--to keep my mouth shut, show more patience, find ways to encourage him. It's not always easy, though. But I'm trying! )