Monday, January 8

Our Best New Year Celebration Ever... as a Family

I thought my year 2006 will have the worst ending ever, but as usual, the Lord surprised me and my family. :D

 

Looking back, I realized how many times I have been restless, discouraged, hurt, sad, confused and frustrated. I revisited journal entries with thoughts known only to me and the Lord, and remembered how during those times HE has been there for and with me. I leafed through pages of learnings and bits of "notes to self", wishes, hopes, and dreams... and realized that those things I prayed for, mostly received answers: Yes, No, and Wait. :D Guess what received the "waits". Haha :) Oh well, I asked the Lord for so MANY things, in fairness naman sa akin. haha :D

 

I want to share some juicy stuff with you, but I'm too afraid to let you all in to my life... because there are lots of things I still don't have the courage to share... Not yet, that is. Plus I don't want to go senti at the moment. :)

 

But here are some stuff I can share with the whole world for now:

 

Do you remember my Birthday Wish? Yes, I wished for me to be  GRACIOUS. And though I know that I'm still not THAT gracious to people, the Lord provided opportunities for me to practice grace. Especially to those whom I easily lose my temper with: my younger brothers. And I was surprised with how the Lord helped me to be a BIG SISTER to my bros. On two separate occasions, I was touched and moved by the way they appreciated me as their "ate". Those were once-in-a-blue-moon occurrences, so they left big, wonderful marks on my heart. :) (Partida, no conscious effort for me to be gracious nun ha. hehe)

 

I noticed how the Lord has been helping me to be mature in many ways. There were trials [and errors] which were character-building and lesson-learning. And through all these, His grace has been very evident. (O di ba, medyo general ang wento, pansin nyo? hehe)

 

BUT WAIT! I thought this post is about Our Best New Year Celebration Ever?! Hmmm... obviously, I deviated from the point. hehe (Oh, men! Di nyo man lang ako sinita! hmph! :p)

No comments: